[Thread Prev][Thread Next][Thread Index]
Re: SyncMemo notes
- To: Alan.Harder@Corp (Alan Harder)
- Subject: Re: SyncMemo notes
- From: rct@xxxxxxxxxx (Robert C. Terzi)
- Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 18:59:50 -0400
- Cc: pilotmgr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: Alan.Harder@Corp.Sun.COM (Alan Harder) "SyncMemo notes" (Apr 25, 11:42am)
- Reply-to: rct@xxxxxxxxxx
- IMHO, ~/.pilotmgr is the *right* place to put pilot data.
All too often programmers mix code, data, log files, etc.
so that you can never do a reasonable network install.
One of the many nice things about PilotMgr, was that all I had to do
to get it to work for everyone in my group was to just push
the right paths on to @INC -- what a pleasure to have it be that easy!
- For me "Pilot->Sun" memos will be key! Some feature requests:
- It would be nice if you implement a similar script function that lets you
invoke what ever you want each time a memo is updated from the pilot.
For me I would like to have each memo under RCS control so I have
history with out having to do anything.
- Automatically creating html indices of the memo's directory
would be a nice navigational feature, that lets us use the
- If you have to store the memo meta information separately,
consider using the perl data dumper like SyncCM does.
This is a very cool feature -- now I have my entire
calendar trivially accessible to perl.
Thanks in advance!
>> In "SyncMemo notes", Apr 25, Alan Harder writes <<
> Hi everyone.. here are some comments on SyncMemo 1.01 and some fixes that
> will be in the upcoming 1.02 version.
> 1- Location of memos. The correct spot to put your memos in 1.01 is
> In retrospect the second spot probably would have been a better choice,
> but that's not what I did.. :)
> 3- Pilot->Sun. SyncMemo still doesn't transfer memos from the pilot to your
> sun. Hopefully I'll get that into 1.03... :)
> Thanks for all your feedback! If you have any ideas for additional features
> you'd like, just let me know...
> - Alan
>> End of Alan Harder's message <<