Re: new SyncCM calander names...???

> I just upgraded to the new PilotManager 1.100Beta-6 and I now get the
> following error when trying to sync my calendar:

> 10/20/97 12:40:27   Synchronizing using the SyncCM conduit
> 10/20/97 12:40:27   msw@polyslo is in an obsolete data format
>                     It must be updated to the CDE format before
>                     SyncCM can interface with it.
> 10/20/97 12:40:27   Error: fail at ./PilotManager line 1774
> 10/20/97 12:40:27   No changes
>

> So - did I miss something, what's the new data format and how do I
> enable it.

I had the same problem.  I dug around and found out that there are two
formats for the calendar manager data files, the old openwin compatible
and the newer CDE only format.  This new version of pilotmanager wants
the new CDE only format.  (There are important features that
PilotManager uses for recurring appointments.)

There are utilities in the /usr/dt/bin directory called sdtcm_convert
and sdtcm_admin.  sdtcm_convert will convert your current, older file
format to the newer, according to the answerbook.  sdtcm_admin is used
to create new calendars or destroy old ones.

I tried to use sdtcm_convert and wound up trashing my calendar to the
point where nothing would read it.  At that point, I had the domain
sysadmin delete my calendar and then I recreated it using sdtcm_admin.
Ever since then, everything has been hunky-dorey.

For minimal usage instructions for these commands, refer to the
answerbook for CDE admin and advanced users.

Kerry Whittle
SunService
Salt Lake City, UT
801-531-3806