Re: pad bugs

Jamison.Gray@xxxxxxxxxxx (Jamison Gray) writes:
> Pad looks like a great tool.  But...am I missing something?
> My address backup file is AddressDB.prc, not AddressDB.pdb.
> I tried a symbolic link, but pad didn't like it.
>
> I'm a little downrev, using PilotMgr v1.007, but it's
> been stable for me.  Do I need to switch to a newer
> version?

No, you don't have to switch to a newer version.  Instead, use the -d
option in pad, like this:

  pad -d$HOME/.pilotmgr/Backup/AddressDB.prc joe schmoe

You could make a shell alias of the pad -d... part to save some typing.

--Martin

Martin von Weissenberg     <http://www.hut.fi/~mweissen>
"Against stupidity the very gods themselves compete in vain." (Schiller)