Re: detach thread

> Hi, guys --
>
> I agree with Alan that this is not quite the right forum for a
> Java PilotManager port discussion.  If you do spin it off, however,
> please let us know where it goes because I'd like to follow up
> and find out what you're doing.
>
> However, more in line with an actual PilotManager enhancement,
> why don't we add to the PilotManager architecture the ability to
> write Java conduits?  I think that would be fairly easy and it
> would satisfy programmer's desires to write Java code without
> giving up the existing Perl code.  Reworking the architecture to
> do this would probably be a pretty fun side project for somebody.
>
> -Bharat

I think Bharat has an EXCELLENT idea.  Moreover, I'd suggest that it would be
nice if the API (class structure) for the Java plugins could be the same so
that both platforms would benefit from this idea.

After all, this is will be the THIRD competing UNIX-based synchronization
methodology.  Bharat's, the KDE effort, now the Java effort.  No wonder none of
them are finished.  Hope one of them just beats the socks off the others, and
everyone agrees to put their efforts into a single infrastructure in the
future.

	-- Alan Robertson
	   alanr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

SourceForge.net Logo