Re: detach thread

In spite of heat recently observed on this list on the topic of yet another
non-Windows Sync application, I'm adding this note to the fire.

At the request of Bharat and Alan (Harder), I'm forwarding this information
about the KDE "Hot-Sync" manager to the list.  Note that the email address
below is incorrect.  Direct inquires to pilone@xxxxxxxxx  I have no idea if Dan
Pilone (the author of Kpilot) is aware of the existence of PilotManager.  He
has not announced his Kpilot effort to the pilot-unix list.  I've CC'ed him for
good measure.

I know nothing about this that you won't know if you read the web page.

	-- Alan Robertson
	   alanr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Greetings from PalmPilotGear H.Q.!

The following record was added to the PalmPilotGear H.Q. Software Database:

Application Title:
KPilot 1.0b

Application Description:
       Hello!  I'm pleased to announce the first (and somewhat
shakey) release of KPilot.  KPilot is an attempt to write a "Hot-Sync
Manager" for 3Com's Palm Pilot and a KDE desktop.  This is only
slightly above a proof of concept release as most features are not
implemented, however it will give me an idea as to whether or not this
whole approach will work.

        What it does do:
                * Full Backup/Restore of Palm Pilot with a mouse click
                * File/Database installation utility with URL support
                * Email synchronization (incoming and outgoing) via
                        POP and sendmail
        What it doesn't:
                - Allow editing of backed up data.
                - Partial backups.

        _Please_ read the README file in distribution for a brief
explanation of use and warnings.  I am very interested in feedback
especially if someone finds it useful (or even working).

        You can pick this little gem up at:

Product Type:
Freeware

Author Contact Information:
Company:       Creeping Death BBS
Name:          Thomas Trueten
Email Address: mailto:thomas_trueten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Home Page:     http://www.slac.com/pilone/kpilot_home

Download file:
Zip File:      http://www.slac.com/pilone/kpilot_home
PRC/PDB File:
Sit/Sea/HQX:

Thanks!

PalmPilotGear H.Q.
webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.pilotgear.com
"The Headquarters for PalmPilot Software, Accessories & Information!"

SourceForge.net Logo