Farewell

______________
THE DISCLAIMER

My apologies if you get this email several times.  That means you're
on several different email aliases that I maintain.  NOTE that not all
these emails are the same (read the bottom for the relevant part for
whichever alias you're on).

________
THE NEWS

After over 5 great years at Sun, it is finally time for me to move on.
I've had the opportunity to work with some truly gifted people during
my stay here.  The last 5 years have been turbulent times for Sun and
I hope it stays that way.  All the wild commotion around high tech
has driven some truly amazing technologies and I'm proud to have been
a part of it.  I've set down roots in this company in ways that I never
imagined when I got here and I'm surely going to miss it when I'm gone.

Starting November 17th, I'll be working at the Visto Corporation.
Visto has developed a really cool virtual desktop that allows you to
get to productivity data on your primary desktop from anywhere in the
world.  You can go to a kiosk web browser at a trade show and read
your email, get your address book, read and update files on your
primary desktop and more.  Firewalls are irrelevant.  They are still
giving out free trial membership for the service, so go check it out
today at "www.visto.com".

You can reach me by email at this address until the 14th.  After that
you can send me email at "bharat@xxxxxxxxx".  I'll be sending out a
massive change-of-email spam-the-world email in a few days.

_________
THE PARTY

In the grand farewell tradition, I'll be at the Tied House in Mountain
View on Thursday 11/13 from 5 PM onwards to celebrate my departure from
the wide world of Sun.  It's a scary world out there, so swing by and
have a beer with me before I embark.  I hope I'll see you there.  If
not...it's a small valley :-)

___________________________________
OH MY GOD, WHAT ABOUT PILOTMANAGER?

As of today I will no longer be supporting PilotManager.  Although I
love the product dearly, I will no longer have the time to do the
tool justice.  Good thing it's pretty reliable these days :-)

I'm sure that the majority of the 500+ PilotManager users would like
to see this tool continue to be supported and even move forward.  I
know that people out there are developing Address Book, ToDo and Email
conduits for PilotManager.  It would be terrific to see PilotManager
meet and surpass the Win '95 desktop.  In order for that to happen,
somebody needs to step forwards and carry the torch, and soon.

So, if you think you can cut the mustard and take over the role
of chief PilotManager guru, please send me some email and we'll
get the ball rolling.

Regards,
Bharat