Re: Need Help with SyncCM

> Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 14:30:41 -0700
> From: Bharat.Mediratta@Corp (Bharat Mediratta)
> Subject: Re: Need Help with SyncCM
> To: pilotmgr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> > uh, Dan, what's a CDE library? Anyway, perhaps the error message could print
> > out the version it was expecting. This question comes up often enough.
>
> Ah yes.  But what version am I expecting?  The version that is required
> is different for every implementation (Solaris, Linux, Irix, etc.)
> so I chose to simply ask the user to check on their CDE libraries.

Bharat,
A recommendation - run the Solaris ABI Certification tools on your
PilotMgr apps.  I'm not sure if the certification tools have the CDE
system models included, so if they don't it will still check to see if
you are using private interfaces.  All of our Solaris applications
should be written to be Solaris release independent, so this concern on
specific versions of a component goes away.  For the Solaris ABI tools
see URL

	http://www.sun.com/developers/abi/

The PilotManager code should be written, if possible, to the standard
public ABIs offered by CDE, not platform-dependent and
implementation-specific interfaces.
	rob a.