Re: Names list into Pilot?

> I'm trying to figure out what, besides my flat grep file, I want to
> use on Unix to store names and addresses, so that I can then write a
> conduit for it.  So far the only thing I've really come up with is xrolo.
> Anyone else use anything on Unix that has similar functionality to Pilot's
> Address book so that one could translate data back and forth?

Use the vCard file format.  See http://www.imc.org/pdi/.
Many software packages can import/export vCards, and the major
Internet white pages services (e.g. http://www.four11.com) can
export vCards.  IMC has a public-domain C library for parsing
vCards, and it is being ported to UNIX.

We are defining with US Robotics the mapping of Pilot Address
fields to vCard properties, and I'll publish the mapping here
when we're done.

So if you want to write an Address conduit, write one that can
synchronize to a directory of vCard files.