Re: PilotManager News

> From dmick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Fri Aug 22 10:51:03 1997
>
> > 	another week or so before I even get a beta out.  The
> > 	new system will use CDE's CSA interface.,
>
> I'm concerned about this too.  CDE sucks dead babies through bendy
> straws, and I'm not about to use it just to use PilotManager,
> as indispensable as PilotManager is.
>
> What's CSA, Bharat, and is it really the best next option?

Chuckle.  This seems to be today's email topic :-)

Relax, guys.  You don't have to run CDE to use the CSA
interface.  I am not running CDE right now and don't foresee
running it in the near future.  I know a lot of really talented
engineers have put a lot of time into CDE, but I've put so much
time into customizing my Openwin desktop it just doesn't seem
worthwhile to switch for now.

You can get the CSA libraries for Solaris 2.4, 2.5.x and 2.6.
You will be able to run PilotManager just fine without CDE.
You'll also be able to run it on your SGI, HP, Digital, or
Linux box.  It will also talk to Applix and Lotus.  Joy!

		-Bharat