Re: AddressDB.pdb --> AddressDB.txt ?

>>>Daniel Hernandez said:
 > Has somebody written a filter to convert the address database (which
 > can be copied via PilotManager's Backup to the Sun) into a readable
 > text format? A simple oneway conversion would be all I need for
 > occasional address lookups...

The pilot-addresses program included with pilot-link does this. With the -w flag, it read the database from the Pilot and writes it to a file with the following format:

"last","first","title","company","work","home","fax","other","email","address",
"city","state","zip","country","custom1","custom2","custom3","custom4","note","
0"

this is, the order in which the fields appear in the phonebook application,
each value in double quotes, separated by commas. The "note" is the optional
note you can add to each record. The "0" at the end, I suppose, is for marking
it as non-private.

For writing back to the Pilot, you create a file with the above format, and use the -r flag in pilot-addresses.

--Diego