potentially off topic

Ok, I realize this is probably off-topic, but I also figure there's a
lot of people on this list that could benefit from a quick
discussion...

I've seen references to ports of GCC to use for doing pilot
development.  Has anyone gotten this to work under solaris, and if so,
can you point me at the relevant tools that I might need, or a pointer
to an FM to R?  I've seen plenty of pointers on the web to precompiled
gcc distributions for both Linux and Windoze, but I'd really like to
build one for Solaris for my use and any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

-- Gary F.