Re: [PilotMgr] Digitizer SNAFU, desparate now!

I have a Palm 3xe with the hard plastic flip cover it came with.  I have
had the same digitizer alignment problems as mentioned. Also, I have never
experienced any unplanned screen presses.

-Ben

On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Carl P. Soffronoff wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In reading this mail thread, I came to realize that I have this problem
> on my PalmV many times.  It seems to occur when the Palm turns "on" to
> notify me of an upcoming appointment.
>
> The problem seems related to the fact that I use a soft case pouch to
> hold my PDA.  There's a metal belt clip on the pouch that can sometimes
> cause the touchscreen to believe I've touched it with the stylus.  In
> reality, it's the corner of the clip pressing through the pouch.  This
> has happened when I carried my PDA in either my pocket or my briefcase
> and cramped quarters cause the "false" pressing on the PDA screen or
> one of the User switches.
>
> I end up going to the Welcome application to recalibrate my PDA.  A few
> times, I was unable to find a place on the touch screen to get to the
> Welcome application.  For those instances, I used a hard reset followed
> by a full restore to get back to where I was at.
>
> I've noticed some PalmV users with hard-shell, flip covers.  I've
> thought about buying one of these but couldn't find one.  If Palm users
> have a hard-shell flip cover, I'd be very interested in:
>
> 1. do they have the problem of the touchscreen needing constant
>    or periodic recalibration?
>
> 2. if not, where can I buy one of the hard-shell, flip covers?
>
> kind regards...Carl Soffronoff
>
> | From: Scott Rotondo <rotondo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> |
> | Agreed. This is a long-standing Palm problem, and it's very hard to believe it
> | has anything to do with applications. It does seem to be better on newer
> models,
> | however. I used to have this problem all the time with my Pilot Professional,
> | but only a couple of times with my Palm V.
> |
> | 	Scott
> |
> | > From: KENT MADSEN <KENT.MADSEN@xxxxxxx>
> | > To: Mike Caracalas <mike.caracalas@xxxxxxx>
> | > CC: Steven Rice <Steven.Rice@xxxxxxx>, pilotmgr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> | > Subject: Re: [PilotMgr] Digitizer SNAFU, desparate now!
> | >

> | > I had alignment problems with my Palm Professional, but haven't had it once
> | > with my Palm IIIc.  I don't think it would be applications, since I have
> | > pretty much the same set +.
> | >
> | > Kent

Ben Kilminster                  office :  CDF trailers,  168G
University of Rochester         phone  :  (630) 840-8433
                                address:  MS 318
                                          Fermilab
                                          PO BOX 500
                                          Batavia, IL 60510