Re: [PilotMgr] Problems in using PilotMgr

On November 7, lvirden@xxxxxxx said:
> Today I am getting this error from PilotMgr:
>
> $ PilotManager
>
>         You do not have the Data::Dumper Perl module installed on your
>         system.  This module is included in the full PilotManager
>         binary distribution.  If there is not a binary distribution
>         for your architecture, please read 'README.porting' in the
>         PilotManager directory.
>
> Data::Dumper object version 2.103 does not match $Data::Dumper::VERSION 2.12 at /volws/lwv26/ldatae/lib/perl5/5.7.2/sun4-solaris-stdio/XSLoader.pm line 97.
> Compilation failed in require at (eval 11) line 2.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 11) line 2.

Did you (or your admin) install a new version of Perl? (Since I'm
running 5.6.something myself, I'm guessing 5.7.2 is absolute bleeding
edge). Did you really need to? If not, the solution is simply to
revert to your old version of Perl. If yes, then try building a
Data::Dumper module for your version of Perl - I recommend using CPAN
to do this as it automates most of the process for you.

Waider. Sometimes, it's better not to upgrade.
--
waider@xxxxxxxxx / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.

"Junk food is considered part of the vegetable food group, because it comes
 from a plant. A big chemical plant. In New Jersey." - Kludge Dorsey