Re: [PilotMgr] Palm & Sunray

Andy.Poggio@xxxxxxx

> I use the Palm USB adapter w/Sunray, and it works fine.

At 9600 baud, and again, not supported (we reverse-engineered 9600 baud
w/o specs).  I've never tried this, but it must be very slow?

-Bob

> -gbeck

> > Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 16:54:02 -0700 (PDT)
> > From: Andy Poggio <Andy.Poggio@xxxxxxx>
> > Subject: Re: [PilotMgr] Palm & Sunray
> > To: pilotmgr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Guy.White@xxxxxxx, Arthur.Black@xxxxxxx
> >
> > I have been using the Edgeport to sync my Palm with a Sunray for many
> > months with no problems.  But I believe Guy was asking about the Palm
> > USB adapter, not the Edgeport.  I have no experience with the Palm
> > adapter.
> >
> > --andy

> > >Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 16:18:26 -0700 (PDT)
> > >From: Arthur Black <Arthur.Black@xxxxxxx>
> > >Subject: Re: [PilotMgr] Palm & Sunray
> > >To: pilotmgr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Guy.White@xxxxxxx
> > >
> > >Guy, I only know of one person who has gotten an Edgeport serial->USB
> > adapter to
> > >work with his SunRay.  He found that he had to shift to a lightly
> > loaded SunRay
> > >server to get consistent performance.
> > >
> > >I have not been successful in getting my Edgeport unit to work.  I
> > turned in a
> > >bugtraq report on this in March (4448710).  The report is still open.
> > The last
> > >update was June, with no projected date for when it will be fixed.
> > >
> > >My experience is that the sync function would work on an intermittant
> > basis.  It
> > >may be a function of the load on the SunRay server.  My solution is to
> > power up
> > >an U10 once a day, and sync my Palm using that.
> > >

> > >Art

> > >owner-pilotmgr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx using -f

> > Palm USB

> > >Arthur Black
> > >Power Conversion Engineering Manager
> > >650-786-5307
> > >650-482-6778 (fax)
> > >http://analog.eng.sun.com/power/

Bob Doolittle                           Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Sun Microsystems, Inc.                  Phone:     (650) 614-6506
901 San Antonio Road, MS MPK07-202      Fax:       (650) 470-2101
Palo Alto, CA 94303-4900                E-mail:    rad@xxxxxxxxxxx