[PilotMgr] What is "sdtpdasync"?

When starting up PilotManager today, I received the following message in my
terminal window:

                        WARNING!

Sun IT Ops will be removing PilotManager from /usr/dist/local in
the near future.  Please transition to /usr/dt/bin/sdtpdasync or
install a local copy of PilotManager via the instructions found
at http://pilotmgr.corp/public_html/pilotmgr/ .

If you or your department is interested in maintaining PilotManager
on Softdist, please read http://sd-web.central/SoftDist/submitter/
for more information on how to submit a softdist package.

                Thank you!

What is "sdtpdasync"?  Where can I find out more about it?  Does it have all the
functionality of PilotManager?  Does anyone have any experience with it?

Does anyone have recommendations as to what I should do as a satisfied user of
PilotManager?

Regards,
Paul Kuckein
NS Quality Program Manager