Re: [PilotMgr] SyncCM conduit oddities

Thanks for this head's up, Marty.

Nobody has responded to what I consider to be the larger problem, though:
+ I synced a repeating appt with "Palm overwrites desktop", and I wound
  up with dtcm showing a series of one-time appointments, one per week,
  with the 'Change' button disabled on all of them.

I'd appreciate any tips or help.

-Bob

> Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 09:39:17 -0700
> From: hess@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Marty Hess)
> To: pilotmgr@xxxxxxx, Robert.Doolittle@xxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [PilotMgr] SyncCM conduit oddities
> Sun-Proprietary-Confidential: Internal Use Only
>
> > [...]  I was having odd problems where I
> > would have one appointment in my dtcm view but then after doing a full
> > sync I'd have two in dtcm or two on my Palm.
> [...]
>
>   Sorry all, but I've been remiss in my (semi-?)annual posting of this
>   note about how you can unknowingly create duplicate appointments on
>   Pilots.  (I've been meaning to check if this still happens on my new
>   IIIxe & more recent PalmOS, but haven't had a chance.  And since I've
>   trained myself NOT to do this, it's hard for me to do it intentionally
>   now just to test if it's been "fixed." 8-)
>
> 							Marty
>
> P.S./FYI: I _still_ haven't had a duplicate app't since I "trained"
> myself to either 1) only change repeating appt's on my desktop, or
> 2) only change them at their first occurance on the Pilot....

Bob Doolittle                           Sun Microsystems Computer Corp
Sun Microsystems Computer Corp          Phone:     (650) 614-6506
901 San Antonio Road, MS MPK07-202      Fax:       (650) 470-2101
Palo Alto, CA 94303-4900                E-mail:    rad@xxxxxxxxxxx