[PilotMgr] PilotManager

I have now got my Palm syncing with a SunRay using PilotManager.  Here are the
directions:

PilotManager with a SunRay
Andy Poggio
30 Nov 00

0.  You need SunRay 1.2 or later software.  This should be the case with SunRays
installed after the date of this document.

1.  Purchase a SunRay-compatible serial to USB adapter.  I am using an
Edgeport/2 purchased directly from IONetworks (www.ionetworks.com).  You can
phone Cathy Collins at 512/306.1124; she offers a 20% discount to Sun.

2.  Plug the adapter into a SunRay USB port.  On the Edgeport/2 the front panel
light will blink green.  I have never seen it stay a steady green as the manual
describes.  It blinks yellow when you have serial traffic passing thru it.

3.  Connect your Palm cradle to port 1 on the Edgeport.

3. Press the three audio option keys to the left of the moon key in the upper
right corner of your SunRay keyboard.  The alphanumeric displayed above the
connection icon represents the unique part of your MAC address.  On my SunRay it
is F95ACE; in the actual Solaris names, any letters are lowercase.  I'll use my
user name (poggio) and truncated mac address (f95ace) in the examples below.
Just substitute your name and address for your SunRay.

4. To locate your Sun Ray appliance, type:
     # cd /tmp/SUNWut/units/*f95ace

5.  To locate the device, type:
     # cd dev/term

6.  In the term directory, find the device; for my Edgeport/2 port 1 it is:
    Inside_Out_Networks.04-05-005558a

4.  While connected to the term directory, make a symbolic link to a unique
identifier in your home directory; for example, /home/poggio/pilotmgrporta, by
typing:
     # ln -s Inside_Out_Networks.04-05-005558a /home/poggio/pilotmgrporta

6.  Start PilotManager.  In Properties under the File menu, set the Pilot Port
to your symbolic link:  /home/poggio/pilotmgrporta.  Set the comm speed to
115200.

10. Sync your Palm.  You may see some delays at the beginning and end of the
sync process, but at the high comm speed things should be faster overall.