[PilotMgr] pedit32

I became rather annoyed on the inability of Memopad to edit files
larger than the 4k limit, so I went on a search for a replacement. I
couldn't find any that used Memopads database, but I got the
impression pedit32 uses the same format (with different database name
and creator id). So I tried to edit SyncMemo.pm to sync against this
database. Unfortunately it doesn't work; I get this
error message in PilotManager:

                     Error Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY
                     reference at
                     /afs/nada.kth.se/misc/hacks/sun4m_54/vol/pilot/pilotmgr/SyncMemo32.pm
                     line 463.

The code at that line is:

   462      $appinfo = $pilot_dbhandle->getAppBlock();
   463      @cats = @{$appinfo->{categoryName}};

Does anybody have an idea of what caused the problem? Or do anybody
know of a MemoPad replacement that uses the Memopad database?

In the maillist log I found a mention of a solution based on split,
but I somehow think that would be a bit ugly...
--
                - Mårten

mail: f95-msv@xxxxxxxx    *** ICQ: 4356928
mobile: +46 (0)707390385  *** phone: +46 (0)8 16 62 29