[PilotMgr] Pilot has been reset or never been synced?

Hi,  If anyone can help me with the following problem I would appreciate it!!

I have a new palm and put pilotmanager on my system, but when I sync I get the following message:

"The pilot has been reset or never been synced"

-then when I hit reset-

"Error: Modification of a read-only value attempted at home/claypool/pilotmanager line 2663"

Thanks for any input,

Scott