[PilotMgr] address book-how to add entries on Sparc?

I have set someone up here at work with Pilot Manager 1.107. One of the conduits that I installed was SyncAB.

How can I add addresses and phone numbers without going through a PC Palm Desktop step?

My idea is to first construct a database in Excel with phone numbers and addresses (using a Windows emulator on the Ultra5 Sparc), then save the Excel file in a Comma-Separated Values format. Then I would rename the file ".csvAddr".
I would then do a hotsync with Pilot Manager.The SyncAB conduit does look at the .csvAddr file and hopefully will import it into the Palm address book program.

Will my idea work? Or is there a simpler way?