Re: Timezone errors

From: "Gunnar.Stahl" <Gunnar.Stahl@Sweden>

> I whish this still was true!! (would have appreciated the credit :-)) but
> I found the error on a machine WITH that patch installed. I also have the
> same problem with my SNAP-4.0 beta laptop (2.6).
> Back to square one again.

And on this machine:

$ uname -a
SunOS neuromancer 5.6 Generic_Patch sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-60
$

With _all_ recommended patches as of yesterday (plus any other patches integrated in 2.6
HW3/98) the problem _still_ shows. (is someone is interested in showrev -p output, mail
me. I have no intention of flooding the list).

I was going to ask wether the problem is back with HW3/98, but I just tried it on FCS
Euro Solaris 2.6. Same problem.

/Elias

> Still, it works on some machines and not on other. I still think patches
> make the difference but haven't found which one.
> Gone for a trip for a couple of days. Hope someone can find the patch
> in question. Our /usr/dist also carries perl 5.003 which otherwise would have
> made it obviously.
>

> Thanks
>
> /Gunnar
>

> > SOLUTION TWO:
> >
> > 	Solaris 2.6 or the 2.5.1 patch mentioned by Gunnar Stahl (thanks
> > 	Gunnar!!) should fix the problem.  I have not confirmed that the
> > 	patch works, but like Gunnar I was able to reproduce the problem on a
> > 	plain 2.5.1 machine, but the problem did not exist on my 2.6 machine

SourceForge.net Logo