Re: SyncToDo conduit for PilotManager

> Dave Forsey said:
> >  My wish would be for a SynGrok to go along with SyncPlan. Grok should
> > be able to handle the phonelist and the memopad along with the Todo
> > list.... plus be portable to something other than a Sun.
>
> What is Grok?

 From the fellow that brought you "plan"

    http://www.IN-Berlin.DE/User/bitrot/grok.html

 Looks like a natural companion to the PalmPilot databases....

>From the web page:

Program Description

xmbase-grok is a simple X/Motif database manager and user interface builder
that can -

     keep phone and address lists (like a rolodex)
     store phone call logs
     keep web page databases
     keep todo lists
     manage any other database after simple GUI-driven customization
     custom export to programmable data formats, HTML export built in

More precisely, xmbase-grok is a program for displaying and editing strings
arranged in a grid of rows and columns. Each
row is presented as a card consisting of multiple columns, or fields, that
allow data entry. The presentation of the data is
programmable; a user interface builder that allows the user to arrange
fields on a card graphically is part of xmbase-grok.
xmbase-grok also supports a simple language that allows sophisticated
queries and data retrieval. xmbase-grok comes with
the above examples and a few others as pre-built applications.

xmbase-grok is not a general-purpose database program. It was designed for
small applications typical for desktop
accessories. If you attempt to run your major airline reservation system or
your space shuttle project with it, you are
guaranteed to be disappointed. (To my great amusement, a manager at NASA
involved in the shuttle project has told me that
he does use xmbase-grok, successfully.)