RE: "This Pilot has never been synced before"

Hmm.  That's a bug.  PilotManager uses the lastSyncPC flag
(to be consistent with the Palm Desktop) to determine when
the Pilot was last synced with the desktop.  If you're seeing
this message every time you sync, that's probably because
it's not recording this flag (which gets recorded on the
Pilot, not the desktop if my memory serves) properly.
Unfortunately, I can't debug it in my current environment
so somebody will have to go through the code and check it out.

-Bharat

Given