RE: Error in pilot-link/Perl5 test

> The last things that README.porting says to do is:
> 	cd Perl5
> 	perl Makefile.PL
> 	make install
> This all seems to be OK, but the Perl5/README file also mentions
> a "make test".  Seems like a good idea:
>
> 	[rro@poulenc Perl5]# make test
> 	PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl -I./blib/arch -I./blib/lib
> 	-I/usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.00403 -I/usr/lib/perl5 test.pl
> 	What port should I use [/dev/cua3]:
> 	make: *** [test_dynamic] Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> Maybe this is because of other Pilot Manager difficulties I have
> not yet gotten to in a later phase of Setup, but at this point
> Setup still tells me I don't have the right binary of PDA::Pilot.

When PilotManager tells you "you don't have the right binary" all
it's REALLY saying is "I tried the binary you have and for some
reason it didn't work".  Testing pilot-link was a good idea on your
part...that's your real problem.  Are you sure /dev/cua3 is the right
port?  I've seen seg faults from using the wrong serial port in
the past.  You might coordinate with Ken Albanowski (kjahds@xxxxxxxxxx)
to fix this problem because once you fix this, you've fixed
PilotManager.

-Bharat

SourceForge.net Logo