Re: 5 Pilots Down Because????

On Tue, Jan 13, 1998 at 04:24:10PM -0800, Arthur L. Coleman wrote:
> All-
>
> I bought my pilot in October.  Since that time, I have had to replace it now
> going on 6 times.  The last 3 times have been to an unrecoverable System
> software fault.  Pilot can't reset, and can't even reboot to a Welcome to
> PalmPilot screen (the opening screen).  Totally hosed system.

-- cut --

> has anyone else experienced any problem even vaguely similar to this?
>
> While 3Com has graciously replaced all of these, I'm to a point where I'm
> about ready to chuck the whole thing and try a different PDA.  But then I
> loose the calendar manager interface, which I am very loath to do.

	I've had my Pilot since, approximately, October and have not had a
problem (and my pilot is probably in use more hours during the day than
not in use, and I install lots of different software).  Our of the four
other people in my group of friends who have pilots and use them heavily
one has had to go back because of a badly cracked case causing system
problems.  One of my friends and I are going to send ours back to be
replaced because of spots on the screen, but that is minor and not causing
enough of a problem right now to worry about it.

	That's my experience.  I think your experience is very atypical.
It could be a piece of software you keep on reinstalling each time you get
your pilot back.

-Seth

--
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion"