Re: PilotMgr and Linux

"Branson Matheson said,"

> On Tue, Dec 23, 1997 at 12:42:24AM +0000, Martin Lohner wrote:
> > > Hello All,
> > >
> > > my Question: (How) Is it possible to run Pilotmgr with Linux? I've read the Howto but
> > > it seems to bee impossible?
> >
> > I followed the README.porting that came with Pilotmgr (download all
> > the necessary packages etc.), and it works fine on my linux box
> > (RedHat 4.2).  The only piece that doesn't work is the Calendar,
> > because I dont' have CDE (but RedHat sells it, if you want CDE).
>
>  Hmm.. do you have your patches or hacked source tree? I would be
>  interested in getting a copy.. no need duplicating already done work
>  eh?
>
>   - branson

I have installed the prerequisite sw (there are several parts) and
got Pilotmgr to run on Red Hat 4.2/XFree86.  As noted, the part we
want is the calendar, for which CDE is needed.

So I've embarked on the CDE project, using Xi Graphics' Accelerated-X
and CDE (developer edition).  I've been working with XiG support to
get the last ;-> problem ironed out.  When that happens, I'll go back
to the Pilotmgr project.  When I have a whole story, I'll post the
Linux details here.

--
| Rod Oldehoeft                    | Voice: 505/665-3663       |