Aiieee.....

Ok, ok, ok, I get the hint already... I'll write the address book
tool!

Sheesh.

:)

You all can quit mail bombing me... <smile>  You're enthusiasm is
heart-warming (and mailbox filling) to say the least.

Here's what I've decided:

I'll write a _new_ PIM.  This PIM will use a field format that will
make it easy to interface with any conduits that get developed for
pilotmgr, and will be pilotmgr friendly.  It will _not_ read the .pdb
file format directly (it's been pointed out to me that this is a bad
idea... the conduit interface is the only part pretty much guaranteed
to not change) however it will be designed with pilotmgr conduits in
mind so that the data can be slung around with ease.

I'll also be abstracting the file format so that different file
formats can be converted and/or read with relative ease.  I'm hoping
that this abstract interface (object oriented of course) will
encourage people to drop in modules to support their favorite file
format.  I'm not sure how successful I'll be with this, but hey... I
like the idea and who knows... it could be a huge win.

Anyways, thanks _VERY_ much for the outpouring of enthusiasm and
support.  Didn't quite realize what a void I'd struck, I guess.
I'll now put this on my official `things I'm doing in my spare time'
list and once I get something more than just vaporware I'll be
soliciting for a test group.

*** Please don't offer to beta it now... it doesn't exist yet and I'd
    just lose your email anyway (I'm kinda absentminded sometimes).
    I'll yell when I'm ready.

Thanks!

-- Gary F.