Serial port problem

I am having a problem with my serial port connection.
Its configured as follows :

a   zsmon   ttya   Terminal -Hardwire.

Runing sacadm -l it indicates that it is enabled.

zsmon          ttymon         -    0    ENABLED    /usr/lib/saf/ttymon

Any suggestions . I am running pilotmgr,v1.009-BETA-4 as I could
not solve problems with latest version available - see previous
email about CDE lib problems.

dave