PilotManager,v1.100 and perl5.004

Ok...

I've gotten a couple of requests of how to make this work.  First, I
have to say that by making this change, you're on your own.  This
program has not been tested with 5.004...so don't complain about buggy
behaivor if it messes things up....

The change is simple...to use a locally built and installed perl5.004
(assuming you've pulled down th full PilotManager package), simply edit
PilotManager and change the 'she-bang' line from the original:

#!/bin/sh ./Setup     # (but it's really a perl script)

#!/usr/bin/perl       # (or whatever path is appropriate for your
system)

Then run PilotManager from the command line.  It will tell you that
you've just done a thing which it doesn't like, but if you insist on
doing it, you must make a symbolic link to proceed.  So, follow the
instructions and start PilotManager again.

I've been using PMv,1.1000-beta6 with perl5.004 for about a month with
little or no ill effects.  However, I am not a power user of this
program (ie. I only use SyncCM, Backup, and Install).

So, good luck...god speed....and don't ask myself or Bharat for
help...you're on your own.

Chris  :-)
--
                               --------