Re: Names list into Pilot?

dmick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx said:
> Nice, but I'm sure the Michael was asking what I've been asking: how
> do get I phone numbers, names, etc. into my Address book, not just
> into a Memo.

You can use pilot-addresses, from the pilot-link package, to read and write
addressbook entries. The format of the file read/produced by pilot-addresses
is:

"last","first","title","company","work","home","fax","other","email","address",
"city","state","zip","country","custom1","custom2","custom3","custom4","note","
0"

this is, the order in which the fields appear in the phonebook application,
each value in double quotes, separated by commas. The "note" is the optional
note you can add to each record. The "0" at the end, I suppose, is for marking
it as non-private.

The command line you would use to write a file like this to the Pilot is:

pilot-addresses [-c category] -r file

To read the database from the pilot and write it to a file, use -w instead of
-r.

The file can contain many records, one per line. To

I hope this helps.
--Diego