Re: ExpensedDB format

On Mon, 25 Aug 1997 15:49:54 PDT,
	Bharat.Mediratta@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Bharat Mediratta) wrote:

> Christian --
>
> 	You can find this format (and the format for all the other
> 	PIM applications) in the pilot-link package.  Check:
>
> 		ftp://ryeham.ee.ryerson.ca/pub/PalmOS
>
> 	The latest version (v0.8.3) has been released today...
>
> 			-Bharat

I downloaded the package and I see a lot of code.  There is no
documentation describing the file formats.  Are we supposed to
ascertain the formats by following the code?  (Not that I'm
complaining; I'm prepared to hear a "yes" answer.)

I'm interested in writing a program that takes the file outputs from
the PC-based pilot sync program (that comes with the pilot) and
converts the files into files useful for Unix systems.  I would write
and run this program on unix.  What's the best place to start to find
the file formats?  My immediate interest is with the datebook.dat
file.

Tom

--
Tom Reingold