Hotsync via PPP using pilot-xfer?

Hello,

Does anyone use software which enables the pilot to hotsync via TCP/IP?

I'm wanting to back up pilot data while traveling - ideally right on my
ISP's shell account, if possible.

I conceptualize it working somthing like this:

I start the PPP connection to my ISP.

I telnet to the shell account via "TG Telnet" for pilot (works great!).

I run commandline parameters to pilot-xfer (or equivalent) to backup
via TCP/IP sync to a directory in the shell acccount, which starts the job.

I then start the sync on the pilot end, using whatever is necessary to direct
the connection properly.

Is this possible?

Does anyone do this or know how?

TIA,