Re: Calendar Syncing Problem

George Herman says:
> I just bought a Pilot and tried to sync, for the first time,
> with the Calendar on my Sun workstation. I tried unsuccessfully
> 3 times to load my Calendar Manager into the Pilot.  On the 4th
> try, it loaded successfully -- sort of!  I now have 2,540
> records in my Date Book, as each entry in my Calendar Manager
> appears 4 times in my Pilot Date Book.  Any idea how I can
> re-sync somehow to delete the duplicate items?

Make sure that the "remove duplicates" entry is checked in the
SyncCM configuration dialog and sync again.  Keep syncing and
the duplicates will eventually go away if they are *exact
duplicates*.  They should go away on the first sync, but
sometimes SyncCM gets confused and doesn't get rid of them right
away.

If it turns out that the duplicates are not exactly the same
then you'll have to erase your Pilot datebook and start again.
Here are the steps:

	1.	Get pilot-xfer from:

		http://playground.sun.com/~bharat/pilotmgr/binaries/misc

	2.	Run this line:

			pilot-xfer /dev/ttya -d DatebookDB

		Where '/dev/ttya' is whatever serial port you're using
		to talk to the Pilot

		That will erase your Pilot Datebook.

	3.	Start your Pilot and select the Datebook to create a
		new Datebook database (just starting the Datebook app
		is sufficient).

	4.	This one is important:  go into SyncCM and press the
		"Reset SyncCM" button

	5.	Sync again.

> I called Pilot Tech Support, but they suggest a hard boot, which
> will require a hotsync from my backup plus re-installation of all
> non-Pilot installed programs....

Eek!  Don't do that.  It's not neccessary!

> I appreciate the help. Changing the host to seacat did the
> trick. You said something about getting a more recent revision.
> What is the most recent revision for SyncCM? (I thought what I
> had WAS the most recent!) First time users should be given a
> strong message as to how long the first time you download takes.
> It seems to take so long, that I thought it was hung... but it
> worked like a champ!

You do have the latest revision of SyncCM...except I'm about
to release a new version today, more on that shortly.

	http://playground.sun.com/~bharat/pilotmgr.html