the "culture" of this mailing list

On Mon, 07 Jul 1997 18:53:55 EDT,
	Marc Staveley <marc.staveley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I disagree.  As a pilotmgr user I like to see what problems other
> users are having.  And if I'm having the same problem (but haven't
> gotten around to telling you about it yet) seeing your reply means
> that I don't have to bug you about it (or worse yet, just live with
> it).

I think Marc has a good idea.  In the spirit of the net, we can make
the software better through shared feedback and collaboration.  How
does that sound?  If you're scared of annoying the many subscribers,
you could run two mailing lists.  One would be for discussing the
many details of the software and improving it, and the other would be
for announcements of things like new versions.  That's how the exmh
mailing lists work, which, by the way, also are run by a Sun employee
(Brent Welch).

Tom