Some tips, and an odd problem...

I've been designated our buidings "helper with Pilots" for various people,
specifically using the SyncCM conduit.

First, some tips:

1.  Make sure you are syncing against the correct calendar.  Actually check the
name of the calendar from running the desktop calendar.  It's very hard to get
out 300 identical entries of "calendar moved to new system" from the combined
datebook.  The desktop calendar lists its location at the top of its window.
The SyncCM conduit lists its expectation at the top of its configuration window.

2.  Warn users that if the pilot goes, they need to call you or hit the "Reset
SyncCM" button from its configuration window.  Failing to do so will destroy the
calendar manager's appointments.

3.  If you start getting a bunch of TCL errors like this:
      Tk::Error: Can't use an undefined value as a HASH reference at
             xxx/pilotmgr,v1.008/SyncCM.pm line 367.
      \&TkUtils::__ANON__
      Tk callback for .frame1.button
      Tk::Button::butUp at /home/cheryln/pilotmgr,v1.008/lib/Tk/Button.pm ...
    Then, try hitting the "Reset SyncCM" button mentioned above.

4.  If your network is really slow, and your calendar lives somewhere else, you
may get RPC timeouts.  Try shutting down a bunch of system resources and trying
again.

Now for the problem:

One of my users interrupted a calendar sync a couple days ago.  Not it never
completes a sync.  Tried ResetCM, tried moving the .pilotmgr directory, tried
switching the baud rate, to no avail.  The Sun and the Pilot connect, then they
say they say its starting to sync the calendar, and then nothing.  I eventually
need to kill the pilotMgr process manually and cancel the sync from the palmtop.
 I can't seem to make any progress on this problem, and would appreciate
suggestions.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Charles Merriam