Re: potentially off topic

Robertson Family wrote:
> Jump is a Java compiler which generates mc68 code on another machine.
> Efforts to port the Java interpreter to the Pilot is probably doomed to
> failure because of the small memory size of the Pilot.
I think it's safe to assume that that is not going to stay that way. The
pilot pro has 1mb of ram, with a 3rd party extension to 2mb. Another
company announced plans for a 6mb module, and somewhere else I read that
the pilot as it stands right now is technically capable of adressing
16mb.

So I think that Java has quite some future on the pilot.

> As far as I
> know, the Jump compiler has no relationship to the platibus link you
> posted, except that they decided to link to it.

http://userzweb.lightspeed.net/~gregh/pilot/jump/
is the direct path to the jump homepage.

Thomas