Re: Address book viewer?

Has anyone thought about publishing the address book entries
into a little more of a centralized database like an LDAP server?

The downside of all of the PC tools is that they are very
single-user-centric and don't handle organizations well.

Maybe this is an off-the-wall idea, but:

If for example, each pilot user had the option of linking their
address book to an LDAP directory on a "category by category basis".

This would enable you to do things like:

     - Have one category that is the "corporate directory"
     - Have one category that is linked from the "group directory"
     - Have other personal categories that are stored in an LDAP tree
       that could either be visible or in-visible.

Once the data is in an LDAP server you can use an LDAP enabled
mail-client to send mail to the people in your pilot address book.

--Robert