[Thread Prev][Thread Next][Thread Index]
Software Wise and Hardware foolish! ;-)
- To: pilotmgr@shadow
- Subject: Software Wise and Hardware foolish! ;-)
- From: John Simmons <jsimmons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 09:54:44 -0700 (PDT)
- Reply-to: John Simmons <jsimmons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Sender: owner-pilotmgr@shadow
Could any of you, who have pilotmgr up and running recommend a particular part
number (e.g. Fry's or Radio Shack) for the connection between the pilot hotsync
peripheral, and a sparc serial cable (or more directly to a sparc 5).
My first attempt, using something lying around that "fit", froze my unit up
completely, until I did a reset.
My second attempt, buying something at Fry's, revealed my vast ignorance of the
configuration of serial interfaces, and is not correct either. Of course the
problem there, is that I asked one of the sales folks to verify the correctness
of my choice which the person did (and I *knew* better than to ask for tech
assistance at Fry's ;-)).
Thanks in advance,