[Thread Prev][Thread Next][Thread Index]
Re: pilotmgr funtionality
- To: Bryant Durrell <durrell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: pilotmgr funtionality
- From: Charles Jordan <cjordan@West>
- Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 18:28:05 -1000 (HST)
- Cc: pilotmgr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: "Your message with ID" <libSDtMail.9704210930.1994.durrell@innocence/acamar>
- Reply-to: Charles Jordan <cjordan@West>
- Sender: owner-pilotmgr@shadow
> >Hi Charles.. I'm writing the SyncAB module.
> >I'm curious to know if you have a favorite tool you would like to see SyncAB
> >talk to on your Sun. I'm currently syncing with Rolo, which to be honest is
> >really weak. >So, if anyone has suggestions for a good address book tool
> tell me now and >I'll see what I can do!
> You know, I'd like to see it sync with an ASCII file with tab separated
> fields, with hooks to run a post-sync script analogous to the current
> pre-sync script. I don't think anyone responding to date has asked for
> the same address book tool, so why not go for flexibility?
> -- Bryant
Exactly! Worse case, maybe I can write some named pipe code that links up
to whatever address book tool that I wind up using.